Food writer Karen Fernau persuaded 11 Valley chefs to tell us what their favorite thing to eat is when they're not at their own restaurant.
What I like to eat:
"Pork sandwich, fish ceviche and Ecuadorean tamales at Mi Cucina Mi Pais in Phoenix."
- Kevin Binkley, Binkley's Restaurant, Cave Creek.
"Guacamole and cochinita pibil at Barrio Cafe in Phoenix."
- Vincent Guerithault, Vincent on Camelback.
"Bouillabaisse 'Razz's Style' at Razz's Restaurant and Bar in Scottsdale."
- Paul O'Connor, Alchemy, Fountain Hills.
"Cured pork and paté sandwich at Lee's Sandwiches in Chandler."
- Michael O'Dowd, Kai restaurant Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa, Gila River Reservation.
"Fried chicken at Mrs. White's Golden Rule Cafe in Phoenix."
- Wade Moises, Adobe Restaurant, Arizona Biltmore Golf Club, Phoenix.
"Steamers and baked lobster at the Salt Cellar in Scottsdale."
- Peter DeRuvo, Sassi.
"Steak frites at Petite Maison in Scottsdale."
- Christopher Gross, Christopher's and Crush Lounge, Phoenix.
"Chorizo and eggs and flapjacks at Gallo Blanco Cafe and Bar in Phoenix."
- Chris Curtiss, Noca, Phoenix.
"Foie gras at Christopher's and Crush Lounge in Phoenix."
- James Porter, Petite Maison, Scottsdale.
Read more here